Last week we have reported that the turbocharged 2016 Lexus IS200t is coming. However this brings another question: how about the AWD version for folks living in the snowy area? Lexus has already prepared us an answer: no it will not be called IS200t AWD, its name is: “IS300 AWD”, to be offered starting as the 2016 model year this fall, for the Canada market at least.
By its name, the IS300 AWD is not using the turbocharged engine. Its power comes from a 3.5L naturally aspirated V6 engine, making 255 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. Lexus said it is going to replace the current IS250 AWD.
At this moment we do not know any details about this 3.5L V6 engine: is it the detuned version of the 2GR-FSE (used on the IS350/GS350), or the 2GR-FE (used on V6 version of the Toyota Camry, Highlander, Sienna etc.), or a completely new design? We will keep you update when more information flows in.
Besides the new model, Lexus Canada also revealed new packages and options for the 2016 IS sedan, you can read more details in the below press release.
The Lexus IS :: Complete Driving Enjoyment With “A Whole Lot Of New” for 2016
(TORONTO, ON – June 26, 2015) Get behind the wheel: The Lexus IS luxury sport sedan is the innovative sedan that delivers complete driving enjoyment. New for 2016, the Lexus IS is offered in an all-new line-up, with new engines and a whole lot more.
“From the moment you touch the throttle in the Lexus IS, you’ll know: This is it,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada. “When we introduced the current generation IS in 2014 it established a new benchmark for bold styling and track-proven dynamics that deliver maximum driving. Now, we’re making the IS even better, with more standard features and a fresh line-up of available upgrade packages.”
New for 2016:
- Lexus introduces the IS 200t to the lineup, featuring a powerful and efficient turbo-charged 2.0L 4-cylinder engine. First used on the Lexus NX, this turbo has been optimized for the RWD IS 200t. Mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with sport-direct shift control and sequential multi-mode shifter, the IS 200t generates a peak 241 horsepower and up to 258 lb-ft of torque
- Lexus boosts the AWD IS line-up with the new IS 300 AWD – delivering more horsepower and torque than the IS 250 AWD model it replaces. With a 3.5L V6 and a six-speed automatic Super ECT with sequential multi-mode shifter, this model produces a peak 255 horsepower and up to 236 lb-ft of torque
- All Lexus IS models are enhanced for 2016 with additional standard equipment, including rear seat side airbags (for a total of 10 airbags) and the added versatility of 60:40 split folding rear seats
- All F SPORT models now include a moonroof and rain sensing wipers
The IS luxury sport sedan builds on the Lexus reputation for quality, comfort and safety with cutting edge design, best-in-class features, and exceptional performance:
- Choice of two engines and two drivetrains
- GS inspired steering and rear suspension delivering exceptional handling
- Bold exterior design highlighted by a distinct interpretation of the Lexus signature spindle grille with unique LED front light treatment
- Driver-focused, ergonomic interior features a low driver position for improved comfort and driving experience
- F SPORT models feature special interior and exterior styling and performance enhancements, including unique seats designed to combine excellent comfort with outstanding lateral holding performance
- Intuitive Human Machine Interfaces and user-friendly screens
All 2016 Lexus IS models feature an impressive array of luxury amenities and performance enhancements, including: Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), Drive Mode Select, six active safety technologies including Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, auto-leveling HID headlamps, LED Daytime Running Lights, and more.
The 2016 Lexus IS was imagined and engineered with a single mission – to deliver complete driving enjoyment. And that’s exactly what it does. For 2016, the Lexus IS is offered as follows:
The Lexus IS 200t RWD introduces a powerful turbo-charged 2.0L 4-cylinder to the IS stable. Standard features include: 17” aluminum alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, Lexus Display Audio system with steering wheel-mounted audio controls, integrated XM Satellite Radio, Bluetooth connectivity, heated front seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, power windows with water repellant front door glass, leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters, Lexus Smart Key system with Push Button Start, integrated garage door opener, an onboard first aid kit, heated exterior mirrors, and more.
- This model may be ordered with the F SPORT Series 1 package, which adds numerous F SPORT exclusive features, including a three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated and ventilated F SPORT seats, F SPORT front grille, F SPORT scuff plates, 18” F SPORT wheels, F SPORT aerodynamics package, power moonroof, rain sensing wipers, and LFA full TFT instrument cluster
The Lexus IS 300 AWD features a Lexus AWD system that automatically and intuitively channels power to the front and rear wheels to optimize traction and control, plus all the standard features offered on the IS 200t RWD model. The IS 300 AWD is offered in six configurations, including three F SPORT Series models, as follows:
- The Premium Package adds: a heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated front seats, a backup camera, a power moonroof, and 18” aluminum alloy wheels
- The Luxury Package builds on the Premium Package, adding: a leather-wrapped power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, leather seats, driver’s seat memory system, power rear window sunshade, reverse auto tilting mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, a voice-activated navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch interface, in-dash DVD, clearance and backup sensors, Blind Spot Monitor, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- The F SPORT Series 1 configuration adds numerous F SPORT exclusive features, including a three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, unique shift knob, sport seats, F SPORT grille, 18” wheels, full aerodynamics package, power moonroof and more
- The F SPORT Series 2 configuration builds on Series 1, adding: a heated steering wheel, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems, a backup camera, a voice-activated navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch interface, and more
- The F SPORT Series 3 configuration builds on Series 2, adding: the Lexus Pre-collision System, dynamic radar cruise control, a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound audio system, and power rear window sunshade
The Lexus IS 350 AWD is built around a powerful and proven 3.5L V6 and a six-speed automatic super electronically controlled transmission with sequential multi-mode shifter. This configuration produces a peak 306 horsepower and up to 277 lb-ft of torque, while delivering fuel efficiency of 11.0 L/100 km (city/highway combined).
The IS 350 AWD comes standard equipped with all the features the IS 200t and IS 300 models, with numerous upgrades, including standard: heated and ventilated front seats, driver seat memory system, voice-activated navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch interface, backup camera, heated steering wheel on a power tilting/telescoping column, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems, rain-sensing wipers, and 18” aluminum alloy wheels.
The IS 350 AWD is available in three configurations, including two F SPORT Series models, as follows:
- The Executive Package features: a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound audio system, leather wrapped steering wheel, Pre-collision System, Lane Departure Alert, dynamic radar cruise control, and LED headlamps with automatic high beams
- The F SPORT Series 2 configuration adds F SPORT exclusive features, including a three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, sport seats, F SPORT grille, scuff plates, 18” wheels, aerodynamics package, and more.
- The F SPORT Series 3 configuration builds on Series 2, adding: a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound audio system, Pre-collision System, dynamic radar cruise control, and more
The 2016 Lexus IS luxury sport sedan arrives in dealerships this fall.